Saturday, July 14, 2007

Its a beautiful day. Yep rain, wind and cold. Personally one of my favorite times to ride. I kept things at a mellow pace of 29 km/h average for 1:40 today. Its funny I started having fun as the ride progressed and the rain increased. You never know what your going to race in so you might as well train in the worst conditions so you know what it feels like.

It's been nice with the taper/rest week. I really don't know what to do with myself in some cases. I did get to hang out with the boys last night and stayed up way past my bedtime and consumed a few to many no sport drink beverages. The ride this morning got rid of the hang over pretty quick. My massage yesterday also made me feel a whole lot better. I'll spend some time this afternoon stretching since its a rain delay for outdoor activities. I'm really happy yo so the rain though, the trails really needed it and Hardwood can be a really dry dusty course so this will help the course.

As much as I love the rain for road rides the crappy part is the cleaning after the fact. My poor baby is hanging in the bike stand waiting for me to get off my butt. Time to get at it. More later.

No comments: