Saturday, December 1, 2007




Yep that's -14.9 degrees Celsius. That's a little chilly. It was also hard to make me get my butt moving this morning after an evening of way to many brown pops. The plan was a longer loop to the gym, workout then cruise home. Most of that went to plan. Most of it. That cold did give me a bit of shock but it didn't take to long to get warmed up. Took an hour to get to the gym. So what is the wind chill of minus 15 at 25km/h.

So things were still great so far, the gym was empty which was great. Ended up getting my full workout done in an hour. So this is where things went downhill. Go to the lobby of the gym to grab my bike. I have a flat front tire. WTF!!!! Now a flat is no big deal BUT did I have a spare tube, NOPE. Hell, I didn't have any tools at all. Looks like I was cabbing it home. What are the chances that the Santa Clause parade was on and every cab was busy bring people into see it. Minimum and hour. Ok next call, Mom is already gone. I live alone so no one home at my place. Last resort, I called the Keens to see if anyone was around to drive me home. Perfect timing, they were coming into town. I even asked if they could drop me off a tube and tools so I could get my return trip in. One better, they brought me a whole new wheels and tire to swap mine out. Thanks so much.

Some nice clear roads for your viewing pleasure.

You can't see my other wheel strapped onto my backpack. Aww whats a little more weight.

So what is on the cross bike now. Seatbag. All in all it was a great day with a 2.5 hour workout. Knees were a bit sore this morning but felt better as the day progressed. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: