Sunday, November 25, 2018

Getting back in the grove

The last couple weeks has been exactly about that, getting the head space back in to the rhythm of training again.   The volume and intensity is still low and the days per week are slowly increasing.   Oh the fun of looking 6 months in advanced.   What seems so far away, yes winter can be long when you are focusing on a summer sport, will fly by.   It’s a nice feeling having motivation to go out in some of the not so perfect conditions so far this fall.  The last couple weekends has had a couple 2 and 3 hour rides split between the road and fat biking. 
  Yes I’m fat biking, yes I’m still in denial that I have one, yes I’m still not admitting that I’m having fun on it.  There are things that I have come to accept with a fat bike.   Speed, ummm.  Ya they are not fast.   Ok let me rephrase that, the fully pimped out 20 lbs carbon fat bikes with super expensive wheels etc are fast, my 35-40 lbs ride is not.   So being slow and heavy that leads to hills, climbing is questionable.   Going up hill, even the slightest rise is work.  The difference between endurance effort and race pace effort is .3 km/h.  Brakes are not needed, need to slow down, just stop pedalling, this includes downhills.   Doesn’t fat biking sound fun????  What fat biking does having going for it, all those negatives are still way better than riding the trainer.   Yes I kind of like it.     
I’ve finally got yoga back into my weekly routine, something I have pushed on others for years and somehow let slip out of my to do list for time on the couch the last couple years.   When time permits I get to a class but usually done at home.   If you are looking at getting into yoga I would recommend this dvd.   
The benefits of yoga are way to long to list here.   Just do it.   Till the next time

No comments: