Wednesday, November 9, 2011

burning bikes and a questionable driver

The return to the woods and a simple reminder about how quickly you can lose the feeling happened Monday night. Met up with the crew and after watching the antics of Mr Watson and the expression of Mr Spurr we headed out for a romp in the woods. At first things were sane but then the pace increased, I normally would have no problem with this but it didn't take long for me to have a few bobbles. It's been a while since I've ridden the trails at that pace, more so riding in the dark. My B game would have been adequate but I brought my E game instead and it showed.

Ride was fun, some random bounces into trees, mud etc. There were seem elbows thrown, ninja kicks while in motion and crashes to finish of the list of things we normally do on these rides. It appears that the old basis of these rides is no longer about recovery and social. It's about dramatic entrances and carnage filled attacks. I do believe that the A game may be needed before the snow comes and the bikes a hung up for the season. Feeling a bit better though, another ride tonight.

Will not mention that there are a couple new parking lots now in the woods.

No comments: