Monday, July 30, 2012

It's on the map

Great weekend, almost training like rides but the views became distracting. Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the view. Especially when they are this ice.



A short stop at Severn Falls



Followed by a stop at Laughlin Falls. Yes I did ride not just sight see. Saturday wasn't bad but Sunday I stepped it up.

I've seen what looks like a road on the maps, even satellite images online show there is a road there. I had to try to get to the big chute with as minimal regular roads.



Notice the very small line that connects E Shore Rd. a that was my concern. Took the do anything bike (29er), I'd attempted this once before on the cross bike but was shut down quickly with a flat tire and mud. This time I was going to make it. As I rolled into what was supposed to be the start I now see how some people get totally screwed when they follow a gps. This so called road was not something I'd recommend taking a car or truck on, you might get about 20 feet. Of course the 29er was perfect.

Great Canadian Sheild type riding


I wanted to take more photos but my ride became more of a survival than enjoyment. The deer flies were almost unbearable. Stopping was not an option and even slowing down in technical sections became a fine line decision. Slow and get bite, go fast and potentially flat or crash. Ya I slowed a little .

45 minutes after I started the trail I rolled out on to upper big chute road about 100 feet from the bridge. I'll be planning for another run through there again but I'll wait till the fall when the bugs are dead.



A few more random trails mixed to the loop including a tunnel under the 400 turned it into a 3 hour tour. Followed up the ride with a 2 hour paddle in the bay, attempting to screw up my cycling tan lines.

Coffee is needed today, oh coffee how I love the.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: