Thursday, November 6, 2008

The perfect day part 2

This week has been just one of those perfect ones. Home a little early. My legs were feeling a little trashed after yesterdays ride and workout so I thought it would be a perfect time to take out the retro rocket.

I've been back and forth on what I was going to do with my Gardin. I bought the frame off my sister a couple years ago when I got her setup on a new Giant road frame. At one point it was planned to be a fixed gear. It was half way complete but collected more dust hanging than miles.

The finished product.

This is basically my crap weather bike. It's a 1994 custom built Gardin. Jenn is just over 6 foot and didn't fit on to many standard frames. It's setup up as a 1x9 or 1x10 depending on wheels. How do I do that with no major tuning. Sram x-9 rear derailleur and a friction shifter. No shifting problems with that combo. Right now I have a set of Mavic Aksiums on it with a beater set of Soras ready for the salty rainy rides.

On it's inaugural ride I was really impressed on the way it handled and felt. Steel is still very smooth. It was another amazing day for weather. No long sleeves, no knee bands, no touque. Hell I love Novemeber!!!!

The only thing I don't like is that it gets dark way to early.


But tonight had an amazing sunset. Unfortunately I didn't have my good camera.


But I did find the Bat Boat. I think Robin was driving and was drunk.


And this is my favorite picture for today. It's official. House is sold, looks like I'll be moving by the end of the month. Not to far from where I am now. More on that later.

Time for a celebration beer.

Later

No comments: