Thursday, December 25, 2008

a scary present

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

Spending this year at my sister's place in Ottawa and we are continuing are tradition of the kids screwing off for a few hours as Mom and my Aunt make dinner. I know evil kids. Actually our job is to take the dogs out and exhaust them before settling in for dinner.

This year's adventure was a few hours of skiing. Jenn Rick and myself loaded up the puppies and skis headed over to Larose conservation area.


We couldn't have asked for better weather. Minus 2 and sun. My love of pine trees has dropped a little. Keeping grip wax on was pretty much impossible. Still a great way to spend Christmas Day.


Rick is a member of Big Ring Racing. After what I saw today I'm very very happy to be a member of the Mountainview Cycling Club. Our membership criterium is just a wee bit lower than the BGR Team. If you are brave, maybe that is an understatement. If you want your retinas burned out go to the Big Ring Racing site. The link is to the right. Here is just a little preview of what you might see.


That is my future brother-in-law. I can't even comment on that because I am lost for words.

Eat, drink and be merry. Back to training in a couple days.

Later

No comments: