Thursday, November 29, 2007

It feels great being back into the flow of things. It was another great season at the gym on Wednesday and the ride in and back was ummm interesting. I give alot of credit to anyone who does their commutes to work by bike during the winter. Now the cross bike is awesome so far but I'll admit that I had a bit of nervousness in my as I riped down a few hills at 45km in the dark on slushy roads. I'm running my NiteHawk LED headlamp which is great but still limited in these conditions. Round trip to the gym is less than an 25 minutes on way to the gym so why would I drive.

My knees are starting to feel alot better. There is less clicking in vertical movement and next to no popping in twisting movements. Its giving me a bit of relief mentally.

We have yet to get any real snow yet but have had some really crazy windy days. This is great for riding even though it is now restricted to the road. It will be interesting to see if we get the same as last winter. I live in the snowbelt of Ontario with 10 plus alpine ski resorts with in an hour of my house but its been crazy the last couple years. 2nd week of January I was out for a road ride with almost no snow anywhere. 10 years ago when I was still teaching skiing the snow hit in the first week of November and was still here till mid April.

So with the fun of winter coming and indoor training now the issue I've noticed a few people putting up there indoor training setup. Well I took the day off today and spent just under 2 hours on the rollers. This is what helps get me through it.

Watched two episodes of an Everest documentary. I love that place and have that on my list of things to do before I die. Not sure about going to the top but at least seeing it. Time on the rollers were at base pace and it took a little to get the feel back.

Friday = rest day

1 comment:

Steve Perkins said...

So when are you going to post of pick of your new Blue MTB? Didn't you say you raced it at Winter WOW? Don't think you've posted a pic of your actual bike yet?