Monday, November 12, 2007

No riding for this guy on Sunday. It was time for grunt work around the house. Snowblower is ready to roll to start. I'm really not sure if I want snow or not. Its funny that 10 years ago I would look out the window every morning hoping to see the white stuff. I guess it didn't help that I also used to my an alpine ski instructor. Where is my mind at now. Well I haven't been on the ski hills in 7 years. Now I do love my x-c skis but not to the same level I used to for the alpines. You could say that I really don't care if it snows or not anymore.

The big problem with that is that I need snow if I want to train for the 24 hour x-c ski race we hold in March. Last year I ended up racing on a 4 person team because of the lack of training. This years plan is to do it solo as long as I get the mileage in.

Not much else happening on the training front. I'll be focused on knee strengthening all week and not the bike. Time to be proactive. Oh and lots of that domestic house stuff. Basement apartment tenant moved out last month so lots of renos to do before it goes back on the market. Actually that is my excuse so that I can use the space for spinning this winter.

No comments: