Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally got a bit of trail time in today. I'm into a recovery week so the plan was 1.5 hrs of max zone 3. That went out the window pretty quick, I was having to much fun. My excuse was forgetting my heart rate strap. If you don't know the numbers you can't follow the numbers right?

It's felt like a long time since I've been in single track. The feel came back quick and with the first O cup less than a week away I figured I better get a little bit of trail riding in.

I had to bring the Molly Monster, she saw the XC come down and went nuts. She still knows what bike she gets to come and which ones she is sitting on the deck.

So first thing, I love my bike!!!! I only raced the XC Carbon once at the end of the season and I was really out of it at that time. This bike as stupid scary fast and climbs amazing. I can't wait to race this monster.

Back to the ride. Things are feeling great, eyes are getting used to the quick response needed in the trails, the body is smooth on the pedals, flying through the trees. Awwww single track.

About 35 minutes into the ride things changed. Tom's forest is one of my favorite trail systems. I know it like the back of my hand. Well someone broke my hand and moved things around on it.

Being a township forest means its pronened logging. HMMMM kinda funny that I see this on Earth Day. The guys have trashed the place. I spent the next 25 minutes on and off the bike trying to find the trail. They really did a number on the area and half the system is now not ride able. I didn't go into the other grid but I'm hoping its fine.


They could have at least left the trail clear and piled it to the sides. Looks like I will have to find another playground. Anyways, great ride when I was riding. Bike is ready for the weekend, legs are ready for the weekend. Hoping that my racing bad luck has come to an end.

No comments: