Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Broken spoke!!! Did my big huge powerful legs break it?? Doubt it. 45 minutes out and I hear that wonderful pop and feel the bike slow right down. Of course this was on the crest of a hill. I've been running Mavic wheels for the last couple years and I have to say they are amazing. The only problems are a grand total of 3 broken spokes, 1 on each wheel set.

No other option but to turn around and head back to the house. This was not a bad thing in the end. My feet were freezing. For some reason mother nature was in a crusty mood yesterday. The sun was out but it was just an illusion of being warm outside. The wind was relentless and the temperature was hovering just above the freezing mark and dropping.

new socks and wheels and I'm off again. I'd promised the Tri club to help do some tech training on the time trial course in the evening. I had the cross tires on so decided to take the fun way over to the course. Gotta love mix up things with some gravel.

After all was said and done I finished up with just over 3.5 hours on the bike. My feet did thaw eventually. I'm looking ahead at the weather this week and I have this strange feeling that I'm going to have some very long indoor rides this weekend. Blaww but its better than 5 hours in the rain.

Later

No comments: