Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gentlemen, start your engines!!!!. Well kinda, sorta. The 2008 race season begins tomorrow morning. Hmmmm I'm wondering if this is the sign of things to come. The race tomorrow is going to be hell. From some pre race info from the organizers it really sounds like there will be as much hike a bike as riding.

My game plan for tomorrow is pretty simple. Don't kill yourself on the the hike a bike sections. My knees are feeling awesome, the last thing I need to do is mess them up on a race that really doesn't matter to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to hammer but by the description of the trail conditions it's going to be the toughest year yet. More snow than any other year. This still has me in decision on which bike to race on. Bringing both the cross bike and a hardtail.

Dave at Georgian Cycle will just roll his eyes at me when I drop the ridden bike off on Monday.

That's it for now, race report and hopefully lots of pictures tomorrow.

Till tomorrow

No comments: