Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring is here. Woo Hoo. The weather was perfect. Indoor rides are done. Hoping.

The post went out and a few showed. I was hoping to have some company for today's ride since it was going to be a long one. 3 suckers opps I mean buddies showed.

It was time to put a bit of pain back into Dr. Bill after all the abuse he puts me through. The route was a loop through Awenda Park and then I would split off to add my own miles in.

Brandon, one of the local power houses when it came to Time Trials managed to sober up and bring his new toy out to play. This is one of the only guys I know that rides better hungover. I can't do that to myself anymore. Takes to long to recover. His carbon Guru is pretty sweet.

How can you not love this area to ride, No traffic, no smog, sweet!!!


At the 2 hour mark the group split. At least Rob stuck with it for the extra kms. After spending 17 days riding in Alabama at a training camp he is stronger than I have ever seen him. Feel sorry for the guys in his division this year.

Amazing views

Not just cyclists had spring fever today. I have never seen so many deer on a ride before or at anytime like today. 10 in total.

Rolled back into the house at the 5 hour mark. Legs were feeling it right near the end. I stuck to my training plan which is sometimes hard when you get in a group ride. The boys like to pick things up from time to time and those sprint points always add a bit of excitement. Not today.

Now I've been through into a decision. Big Ring (Craig) has decided to pass on the Icebreaker this year along with a couple others. He sent me an option out in Ottawa. It's their version of Paris Roubaix. HMMMM decisions. I'm not registered for the Icebreaker yet.

http://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/parisroubaix

I'll debate over the next couple days. I still do love the Icebreaker but this year is definitely going to be an interesting one with all the mud and snow.

Decisions, decisions.

Right now the decision is food.

Later

No comments: