Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family Ride

It's been along time since I've been able to ride with my little sister. She is one of the main reason I'm addicted to the bike. Jenn is down for the long weekend. Of course this meant road ride. I didn't want to inflict the pain train on Jenn with the normal Saturday morning crew. I also did not feel like being on the bike at 7 am to ride in an meet them.

A couple phone calls and I had Dr. Bill and Rob coming with for a cruise on the Big Chute Loop. Yes my favorite road ride. Heather still had some intervals for me to do so it wasn't going to be that easy of a ride for me.

Dr. Bill decided follow my workout schedule. Alright someone else to suffer with me. We let Rob and Jenn get a good gap on us. You never realize how long 10 minutes is. In the red it could be an hour for all I know. We finished the 1st round. The words from Bill. I'll skip this one and do the next with you. Ya I was thinking the same thing.

I was very content to hide in the back after each interval. Tucked in behind Dr. Bill and my sister.

At the 2 hour mark my intervals were done and we rolled into the Big Chute for refueling and a short rest. Watch out for that fella in the JetFuel jersey at Provincial Time Trial Championships. He's pushing 44km/h and getting faster every day.

The wind was pretty crazy all day so even at a sane pace it was hard to keep the heartrate down. 3.5 hours later we rolled back into my place. Another great ride. It was great riding with my sister again. Now if only we could get her to start racing again.

Spent the rest of the day relaxing. Also checking in on the 24 hour US Nationals. Looks like Eatough is going to win. It was a tough field.

Live link here http://www.grannygear.com/realtime/public/nm_index.php

Tomorrow is a trip to Buckwallow to check out the O-cup course. The Mountainview crew is meeting here and we will have a special guest coming from Big Ring Racing. Who could it be?

Tune in tomorrow. Same Matt time same Matt channel!!!!

Later

No comments: