Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm not dead

Hiding? Not really I've just been preocupied with the off season lifestyle and the road to recovery that coming here has been a little low on the priority. It has not helped that there has been little cycling based entertainment to write about. I have returned to riding, sort of. The weekend was spent spinning the legs with Shannon and the dogs. The body has finally allowed me to take the 2 wheels off raod so an easy spin on Saturday in the big back yard was topped of with a 2 hour adventure at the Torrence Barrens on Sunday. It's great to be back, even if it's low key.

As much as I'm happy to be back riding I have found myself beginning to crave snow. This may be because of the new additions to the gear collection. With a new plan for winter training this year, the plan includes hopefully zero time on the trainier and no real set schedule, the extra time will be spent playing on the snow in different disciplines. The main one is returning to a past interest, gravity. XC skiing will keep me fit but downhill skiing and snowboarding will keep me smiling. I'm looking forward to the sliding that will be done. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, let it snow!!!!

What does add to the craving for the white stuff, the full tear down and tune-up of the two wheel collection. My Anthem is currently in about 40 peices and a pound lighter after scrubbing the year worth of dirt out of it. The rebuild will be a little slower than the tear down but by spring it should be a couple pounds lighter and a whole lot cleaner. Photos will be taken, they may even be put online.

Back to my coffee, I will do my best to visit this place a little more often.

No comments: