Friday, March 30, 2012

flip flop

Back up plans are supposed to be back ups, not used daily. After the great start to the season with amazing weather then reality coming back with a vengeance I just can't seem to make myself ride road when it's only a few degrees above freezing and the wind blasting. Normally I'd Bernie but I'm already accustomed to 20 degrees. I'm weak and frail, luckily the trails have been amazing, the place to hide when the road just doesn't look favourable. Of course this means those very specific type workouts I had planned go on the back burner.

It's been 4 days in a row playing in the big backyard known as Copeland forest. Two of those days included some solid climbing. Nothing feels better (cough cough) than 1400 feet of climbing in under an hour. What goes up gets to go down, almost an equal reward. I'm getting a little more comfortable on the 29er, it still doesn't decend as well as my dualie but makes up for it in other areas. Looks like it will be the bike of choice for this weekends race season kick off.

Looking forward to seeing where the legs and lungs are at, it's going to hurt, it's going to feel good, it should be fun

No comments: