Friday, December 23, 2011

tradesy

Swapped out the rubber for some wax last night. No this is not some sort of kinky thing that I shouldn't be sharing with you. Honestly its not, clean your thoughts up. Headed over to the mountain/very large hill for some fun on man made winter. I needed to play on that white stuff, I'm a little disappointed in Mother Nature right now. I think most it the ski world a feeling the same way. 2 runs open but it was better than nothing.

The first run of the season reminds you very quickly how many leg muscles are used to defend yourself from certain death as you compete against gravity and terrain. I had to scream at myself to slam on the brakes and build up to warp speed. Soft conditions and lots of first time it for the season skiers and snowboarder meant more than your normal obstacles. I must say that the new GS skis a amazing, super stable at speed, they wanted to go faster than what my body was ready for and did a few of those slow the hell down moments on the first run. Took a f runs before starting to find that sweet spot on the ski, looking forward to some better snow conditions and letting them open up. Hopefully by then I'll have a few more days into the legs.

It's not looking like I'll be on the fitness slippery sticks anytime soon, heard rumours that Hardwood Ski and Bike has reopened their mountain bike trails. I'm pretty sure all they want for Christmas is snow. I won't complain. East bound this afternoon, let the mad rush of driving begin, Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, and festivus for the rest of us.

No comments: