Wednesday, January 11, 2012

If you can't beat them

Acceptance is key sometimes. I've given up doing my snow dance, I figure it's pretty much a waste of energy by this point so I'm just going with the flow and doing something I didn't want to do. What is that you might ask, I'm riding my bike. I hear the gasps. What type of lunatic ideas have gotten into my brain? I believe it's because I don't have much of a choice.

My big plan of xc skiing as much as possible has pretty much gone it the window, I think I've been on the slippery sticks a grand total of 4 times since the first snow flake has touched the ground. Why so little? Well there has only been that one snowflake that has fallen, or that's at least that's how it's been feeling. So I'm saying screw it to my grand plan. The bike has come out of hibernation.

Minor technical failure on the winter bike had me making a second run on the same road other cross bike but at the end of the day I pedalled into the darkness for 2.5 hours. I was treated to just shy of an hour in the daylight before firing up the lights, that treat was them strange feeling in the air. It was a good feeling though, it didn't feel like January, it felt like a late March ride. That slight crisp in the air, sand on parts of the roads, not a huge amount of snow on the shoulders. Not very middle of the winter like. Not very good when of want to ski, but it is what it is and I've said "whatever". If it means riding, its what I have to do. Maybe this will ag Mother Nature on a little and she will attempt to kibosh my new plan. Come on lady, I dare you.

No comments: