Saturday, February 23, 2008

One hell of a great day. All I did today was train but it was the way things happened. I was dragging my butt first thing this morning but the sun was up and I started to get the craving to play outside. A little bit of coffee helped that.

The temperature was hovering at minus 10 but the sun felt warm. Out comes the cross bike. Well the plan was great. Get an hour loop in on my way to the gym. I got less than 10 minutes in when the headset froze. That's it, it's time to replace it. I tried my best to ride back to the house.

You never realize how much corrective steering you do until you can't do it. Well a quick swap of wheels and I'm off on my XC. The roads are clear no worries about much cleaning is what I said to myself. Hit the gym with a smile on my face.

Did the long loop on the way back and passed my friend Sherrie on the highway. Out for a long run and a high five as we passed each other. At least there was another crazy out there in the chill. The whole time I have this huge grin on my face. I just wanted to keep going.

Well my wish was going to come true. About an hour after I got back one of my Blue teammates was ready to get out for some km's I also coach Brent on the mountain bike side of things but he is moving up quickly in the Triathlon ranks.


Of course by now the sun is gone and it's reading minus 5. Who cares, better than being on the trainer.

We made the run up to Port Severn which round trip for me is 50 km. Great views.


Of course Brent and I are a little competitive and the pace did turn pretty nasty a few times. It's a little early in the season to see who will break first but it's always fun to hear those words "can we back it down a bit" I was just happy they weren't coming out of my mouth.


2 hours later I rolled back into the driveway. So much for the clean roads, I had some ice to clear off but it was well worth it.

All told today was 3.5 hours total of riding with the gym mixed in there. The legs feel awesome, a little tired but no knee pain at all. I'm starting my recovery week now. Indoor training tomorrow. More on that later.

Gotta roll

No comments: