Sunday, January 11, 2009

Energy to burn

Since the little fur ball evaded me again I needed to find something productive to do with all my energy. Temperature finally got above the "Holly $#%+ is't cold" to bare able minus 10 in the afternoon so I loaded up a dog and skis and headed here.

I'm pretty lucky to have 4 great places to ski all within 20 minutes of my house. The Wye Marsh have really done a great job this year with their grooming and trails.

They have one track set and then flat pack the rest of the trail. There are many sections that narrow up including here. I think this is what you might call the single track of XC skiing.

I haven't been on my classic skis since Christmas and my brother-in-law's team obligation but the legs felt great and I kept the heart rate in the happy place. I swear at every turn I was still expected to see Rick standing there. Those images just won't leave.

One of the perks of the Wye is the scenery. It is a outdoor wildlife center

By the time I got back to the car I totaled 22km and 2 hours of movement. I also had a sane tired dog. Both make me happy.

Today is movies and the rollers. What to watch, what to watch. Rad? Maybe so.

No comments: