Thursday, January 22, 2009

projectile vomiting, almost

After a nice sweet enjoyable workout last night with the MCC it was back to inflicting pain on myself. I really wonder if there is a local group that might help me with this. Last nights workout was hard but compared to tonight's it really was a cruise.

Tonight was hill intervals with 10 x 2 minutes at 400 watts with 3 minutes rest between sets. Now while my buddy Andrew dreams about pancakes during his workouts (food fetish??) I was focused on keeping everything that was in my stomach where it should be. The legs felt good but the last 2 reps were brutal. Recovery was at 180 watts and I basically had my upper keeled over the handle bars during the rest sections.At least I didn't fall to the ground when I got off the bike.

I've been using one of the Anthem X's on the trainer. Trying to get used to the new positioning. Things are a little more upright on this bike over the Blue from last year and my NRS. Of course the Molly Monster is staring at me wanting to play. She knows the bikes all to well and thinks we are going for a trail ride every time one of the mountain bikes are even touched. I am in some serious need of dirt and singletrack. Road trip????? Any suggestions????

No comments: