Wednesday, March 4, 2009

old faithful

Roads were dry, sun was out, it was only a few degrees below freezing. Time to pull the road bike off the hamster wheel. Finally!!! There is something to be said about the simplicity about the road bike and road riding. No driving to trail heads, controlled pace, unlimited options. Ya I love the road. I also love my 5 year old road bike. My far from what it came as Giant OCR easily has 40 000 km on it and it feels like a comfy pair of slippers everytime I get on it.

Of course with the upgrades that have been done it also handles great, climbs awesome and is just a hair over 17 pounds. Of course the only original thing on the bike is the frame. And some pretty wheels. I am looking at a new TCR Advanced but something tells me I will still have a hard time putting the OCR on the back burner.


Anyways, the ride was pretty mellow. Being in a recovery week it pretty much was zone 2 riding with a few zone 3 tempo intervals. Headed out on the lower section of the Big Chute Loop. Pretty much a flat ride.


It was amazing what a couple rest days will do for the legs. This was my first chance of really seeing where my legs are at. Cruising in the mid 30 km/h while in zone 2 put a smile on my face.

Of course the sun dropped quickly and so did the temperature. Cruising home my toes started getting a bit mad at me. I was restricted to an 1.5 hours today but it won't be to much longer now. Daylight savings time is coming.

With more evening light my time on the bike begins to increase also. The race season is coming. Woo Hoo. I want to play.

That's it for now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the pic of the front wheel and the bent looking spokes.

your either going fast enough to bend them or ya gotta tighten up those loose spokes....lol