Friday, March 20, 2009

Shiney Happy People

I don't know what it was but I I have never been waved at by as many drivers in one ride than I was today. Was it the sun? Was it the non full moon? I don't know and I really don't care, I liked it. It was a nice change from the norm.

Living in an area that most consider 4 wheeling with a case of beer a physical activity, their knowledge of cycling and where we should be riding is pretty minimal. I've heard many a time "get off the road" or "you should be on the sidewalk not the road.'

Of course with the early spring and late winter rides really through them off since they are expecting snowmobiles on the road not some lunatic in minus 15 riding his bike. Well being the first day of spring people just instantly expect us to be out there.

Did I mention the driver that gave me the option to merge before him. I waved him through but it was more that he even thought I had the right of way, which I did. He waved as he passed me and I returned the wave. Normally my wave consists of only one finger, mitt covered of course.

Let's just see what happens for the rest of the weekend. I could get used to this.

More to come.

No comments: