Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Days of rest? Are you sure??

I'm in a recovery week but I swear it almost feels like a train block. Last nights single speed ride was pretty sane. Luckily, my legs felt pretty trashed so any intensity would have had me curled over at the side of the trail whining. With Canada Cup at Hardwood this weekend there are lots of crazy fast guys in the area. One just happens to be staying at Jeremy's. Check out Setfan's site.

Unfortunately we finished up before we needed lights, not that I'm complaining on how light it is at 9 pm but I would love to get a little bit more time playing in the dark before Solstice. I just really want to play with my lights.

Tonight was spent cleaning up the disaster's of the weekend. Both Anthem's looked like hell. I have realized that there is different dirty and the clean dramatically different. Mansfield dirt, which was about 5.5 hours deep was everywhere. Hard to clean, lots of scrubbing. Now, Hardwood ski and bike if fine pine tree dirty that just a light sprinkle of water rinsed away like it never was there.

The Mansfield dirty lead to a strip down of the shifting, new cables, housing etc. Running Jagwire Ripcord enclosed setup up now. One bike is done, tuned, cleaned and ready to roll for tomorrow's ride. I'll finish up the second Anthem tomorrow. This was a delayed thing that should have been done well before the first race.

Crash and burn time, tomorrow a little pedal time.

Later

No comments: