Saturday, May 30, 2009

Making stuff up

That's about all I can do right now. Not much happening, still mourning the death of the legendary NRS.

Made my way to Hardwood Ski And Bike first thing this morning before the swarms showed. Put 2.5 laps in of the Canada Cup course. Why only 2.5 laps you may ask? Because I crashed on my second time down boneshaker. Not a hard crash more of a the bike stopped and I didn't while in slow motion. Of course it didn't go unnoticed. The cheerleaders with the pom poms, Watson and Stu Alp made sure I knew they say me bail.

The bike did take a little damage from it though and popped two spokes out. Got love Mavic SLR's for quick repairs. Quick stop in the service and I was back out for another tour around. This one was clean. My legs also started to feel good on the last lap. I'm becoming like a diesel in the winter. I'm a pain in the ass to get started, move a little sluggish for the first bit but once I get up to speed I can maintain. That's exactly what I want for the 24 hour.

Wheel to true, grass to cut, car to clean, dog to walk then it's couch to sit. Pictures, video, and a bunch of words tomorrow. I hope.

Later

No comments: