Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Riding mad

Had one of those days at work where I was just about ready to snap. So best way to deal with that. Get rid of that anger. Focus and go play in the hills. It's amazing that by the 5th set I pretty much had all the fight out of me.

A few of the guys posted on the number plate idea. I do the same as them, I never where a solo tag but some do and it does make it easy to spot them. (part of the reason) This was just a thought. I'm apparently a big enough target for some that I don't need to advertise to others.

Got an email from Big Ring who is possibly ,could be, maybe, hopefully coming down this weekend to ride the 1st marathon race. Tanya is coming. He asked how much climbing and what the trails are like. When they marked down 7500 feet of climbing in 55 km, they are not exaggerating. This is also not doubletrack climbing. There are some but this is not going to be a race for a roadie. Of course what goes up gets to go down.

On a side not, the Ontario Cup Downhill is basically at the same venue this weekend also. Yes I said downhill, does that give you a slight idea of how much climbing there will be. Unfortunately for some they won't be putting the chairlifts on for us.

Spent last night going over the Anthem, still not sure how that mud got where it did. It's pretty much ready to roll. So will I tonight, long road ride.

For now, coffee and work.

Hills don't get any easier, you just get up them faster!!!

No comments: