Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To the beach

The day went smooth and I was able to sneak out of work a bit early. Sent out a quick text. Road Ride???? Response, Yep. I normally don't drive anywhere to go for a road ride, kinda defeats the purpose but I had the potential of running out of daylight if I road over.

Not much in the line of excitement on the ride over. My legs were a little sore from yesterday's little bought with an 10% hill. I think we went 20 rounds.

Made our way over to Wasaga Beach. This place will become a complete zoo in two weeks with the first long weekend of the summer.

Today it was only filled with old people driving Cadillac's and Buick's. No gangsta rap playing but I think I did here one car cranking a little bit of Barry Manalow. They flashed a few gang signs as they rolled past.

Since Lee and I ride together fairly often I thought I would start something for a friend.

Like Jerome the travelling Gnome who is tracked world wide, I thought that I would add the Madone Gnome travel report to any ride I happen to spot him. Those Madone Gnomes are a fast bunch sporting carbon fibre.

So this week he travelled roughly 90 km.

We did make a quick stop for a little refueling. mmmmm Cookie

MMMMM coffee, sorta coffee.

We did need this because a few black clouds started to appear as we left the beach. pace picked up and we went from the side by side chatting to controlled pulls keeping us in the mid 30's

I felt a few drops early at this pace then realized that it wasn't rain and that it was actually sweat. I'm in decision on sweating already. Took a sweat drop in the eye. I had forgotten how much that hurt. HMMM sweating and riding in warm weather or not sweating in cool weather and having to stop every hour to go to the washroom. Tough decision.


We got back just under 3 hours and missed the rain. No complaints here. Great tempo ride. Tomorrow, I'm heading down to ride the 2nd Ontario Cup course at Albion Hills. I've seen the map, looks fun. Pictures etc tomorrow, now couch.

Later

2 comments:

Mysty said...

that trek bike is mighty perty...

Matt Spak said...

Yep, it is. Lee likes his new bike, Andrew misses his old bike.