Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting warmed up

It's only a couple days out till the Mansfield Spring 8 hour. This year I'll be approaching the race a little different thanks to Heather keeping a short leash on me. I'm riding it Tag Team, What??? This is the first time in 4 years that I' not riding solo. This year I will be riding with Dr. Bill. I' sticking to the training plan.

I'm also riding this a little different. Instead of alternating every lap I'll be riding roughly 5 hours then Dr. Bill will finish up the remaining time. Should be fun. I don't expect us to keep pace with the top teams, not with this race strategy. This is a building ride for both of us.

My plan will probably involve hooking up with Andrew and pacing with him. I know he will be looking for the win in solo. We also ride at a very similar pace.

Switching pace now, my favorite taunter has started the smack talk already. Well at least he did remember by how much I beat him by last year. I know he tried his bestest this past weekend, awww. I debated at kicking at him while he was down. HMMM, I'm still pondering that thought since I'm really not that type of person. Ya, I think I'll be nice, I think he has enough to deal with as it seems that his empire is crumbling around him

Rest day today, long ride tomorrow. Pictures? Maybe.

No comments: