Monday, May 11, 2009

Little this, little that

I was a little disappointed to see that I was only 13th. It's really hard to tell who you are passing and who is in what division sometimes. Dale, a friend/employee and also a veteran racers brought up a good thought. Why don't we have plates on the back of our bikes. This way we would know who to chase down or how we setup to pass someone. To dive bomb passed someone that is not in your division and risk a crash is tough but yet spotting that carrot in the distance may push you just a little harder.

In solo events we all have our numbers on the back of the bike. One for team racers to cut us a little slack later in the race but also so you know who your gunning for. Just some random ideas and thoughts.

Next up for me is the marathon series. Looks like everything is a go. I'm looking forward to this event, should be something different. Hopefully it runs smoothly.

Rest day, not sure about the singlespeed ride for the night. Intensity picks up this week. Might be nice to let the legs feel good for a day.

Gotta run

4 comments:

Peter Keiller said...

Dear Matt Spak.
You need not numbers on your saddles, you need to find that extra je ne sais quois deep in your (non-bleeding) bowels that will force you to ride to the top of your game.
If you have the gas, chase until you're out.
If you don't, roll over.

While you're at that enduro, Matt, Tom and I will be riding 24...your face will be glued to a stick dangling from each of our helmets.

See you at Solstice...

Andy said...

i concur with the previous poster, just giver.

Dave Stowe said...

I don't put that little solo tag on the back. Don't like it. Some people want to chat 'cause of it and sometimes I ain't up to chattin' ( it's rare I know ).

And if yer movin' fast you shouldn't be lookin' at numbers eh? Not that I ever am, moving fast that is.

I'm going to be chasing Peter and Tom at Lifestyles. There's supposed to be a wasp nest halfway through that I'm going to use for a tactical advantage ( Peter can't stand wasps ya know? )

Andrew Parry said...

I agree with the previous posts. Especially Daves about not putting the solo tag on the back of the bike. I throw mine out. I was forced to use it in the U.S. so I bent it around my seat tube and pointed it forward so it couldn't be seen.

Hey Dave,

I'm going to be at Lifestyles too. I'm helping Hannahs team. I'll make sure I run into you.

Good luck to you and Peter this weekend.