Monday, May 25, 2009

The Sunday Morning After

After shovelling an excessive amount of food into my mouth Saturday night I figured I can kill a couple things at once. One those to huge grease covered pizza slices that I picked up in New Lowell on my way home Saturday after the race. I'm lactose intolerant but I was hungry enough that I would chance it that their cheese was not real cheese. MMMMM it was good.

The second was to head to Hardwood and get a few laps in on the Canada Cup course that's happening next weekend. Plan was to meet up with Jeremy Simmons of the Trek Store Race team and find those perfect lines. I was late, I have no good excuse, he gave me a dirty look. Actually I stopped in to check out the inter club road race that was just down the road. Dr. Bill was playing in that and I found out after that he finished in the top 12. Not bad at all.

So the course. All I can say is sweet. It's a mountain biker course. Roadies may want to stay home. Lots of technical stuff with a couple split lines. One has this huge boulder that you can smoke over or you take the safe slow line. The infamous boneshaker is in again for us. It's actually getting easier. I think over the years of people crashing on it has worn down some of the mean rocks that used to bring you do a stop way to quickly. The climbing side of the course is more sustained but nothing really that long.

We ran a couple 31 minutes laps with no major exertion. Aww did I mention that coffee run is in also. Great fast lines, this is a course that if you can stay off your brakes as you enter the singletrack you can really hold a high speed and put some distance on a rider who has even the remote bit of hesitation. I'll be out again at least once this week to get a few more laps in.

Heading out to play with the boys on our single speed ride. Hopefully this stays mellow. Hopefully. Gotta run.

No comments: