Saturday, May 2, 2009

Old Friends

It was one of those days that makes you think. Nothing to unusual to start the day. Up early, way to early for some on a Saturday. Half a pot of coffee. Ummmm coffee, yes please. Took care of the coaches business. She had me abuse myself for about an hour. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Did my loop of Vasey line and moonstone road. You know the one with the 18 percent climb halfway through among all the other wonderful hills. Was happy that I took 3 minutes off with a lower average heartrate. It must have been the coffee. It wasn't even 454 this morning.

A line I like that a friend uses all the time. Eat,sleep, ride repeat. Well take away the sleep and that was my plan. quick meal and I had the wagon loaded with the Anthem for a dirt adventure. This is also where the old friend part starts in. Yes Molly was with me and no she is not that old, only fat according to some. An old friend and I were getting out for a trail ride for the first time in a long time. He had a new bike to play with and was just wired to play with it.

Marlon and I started riding about the same time. We also used to race against one another in high school on the alpine ski teams of different school followed by varsity volleyball. We met up with some of his team mates for the 24 hour summer solstice. These guys are out to have fun, it was great just cruising at their pace. Kinda reminded you on how much fun we should be having. Jumping off logs, ride a little stop a little type ride.

Finished up a couple hours with them. My legs felt great at the end. The Molly Monster also has regained her base. I think she will be looking at a new person to taught this Monday's night ride. Mr Watson watch out, I think she holds a grudge.

So back to the story, one thing that changed with Marlon and I. I continued to push forward with the biking thing, he kept it fun and went a different way. He's pushed his musical talents. CLICK HERE!!!! I ride a bike a little better than I can play a musical instrument, not much just a bit, so my choice was right.

The next old friend came in the afternoon. Went over to Pinnacle Graphix. This is owned by a guy I used to hang out with in my party/ smoking/ excessive drinking years called my mid 20's Actually let me rephrase that. That was all of my 20's. Well Rufus was like me and cleaned up his act to live the healthy life also. He has been doing the design and graphics for my banner and car. They came out awesome. My work trucks go in next weekend to be revinyled. Once done I'll get a few pictures up of the work.

Of course the whole time I'm there we are talking old stories. Then he reminded me how old I'm getting. Does anyone remember the band White Snake??? The song Here I go Again. Well apparently it just turned 25 years old. Are you shitting me? Of course the years of that song are some of those years we all would like to forget. Blow dryers anyone???

That's it for memory lane, I'm apparently old so I'm going to blame it on being senile. More riding to do tomorrow.

Later

No comments: