Thursday, May 28, 2009

Taken out to pasture

What a great week to be on recovery. The weather has been crap. Rain, cold, blah blah blah. Forced to the rollers last night, it was a good movie at least. Tonight was a little bit better. Managed to spend some time outside on the Anthem to make sure everything is perfect with the new cable setup. Of course it started to rain half way through the ride. Not hard but enough to get both me and the bike dirty.


So what do I do with all this time on my hands. I wreak havoc in my basement, first was a better layout of the work area. This lead to a test. I've started to run out of space lately and this was something that would give me more room. I had to do it. It was time.



I'm not sure what would have been more humane, stripping the shit out of it or talking it out to the back field and shooting it while turned the other way. This was the bike that really got me started in the endurance racing. It's seen beyond it's fair share of abuse and just kept going. I did my first 8 hour on this bike, my first 24 hour, my first podium finish, my first win. tear

My thoughts on selling it kinda went to the way side. I'm a little sentimental about it so I thing the frame may find a permanent spot on the wall.
I think I heard it whimper when I pulled the cables off.

Gotta run and clean up the blood on the floor.

Later

1 comment:

Josh said...

Still one of the best looking bikes around - though of course I'm biased, since I have the same frame. You definitely can't sell it, because it wouldn't mean as much to anyone else.

Besides...in 15 years, I bet you'll want to build it up again as a retro bike.