Sunday, January 27, 2008

Being sick sucks!!

Alright, that's it, I'm sick. Shit!! Yep I said it. I think I have had it all week but the cold finally hit on Friday night. I woke up Saturday morning with a sore dry throat and knew what was in store.

I guess I really can't complain about it to much since I can't even think of the last time I was sick. It also did come at a good time. Ok well maybe not since I don't think being sick ever comes at a good time. I started a recovery week as of Saturday. Feeling drained kept me out of the gym but I did spend an hour and a half on the rollers. Kept the pace down to zone 2 and just enjoyed the ride.

Are you supposed to sweat out a cold? Also is it feed a cold and starve the flu or is it reversed?

Why is it called a cold when all I'm doing is blowing my nose? It should be called a snot! Maybe that's just not politically correct enough.

Today was another story. Still felt a bit crappy but staying in bed was not an option. It was the day I flip over to being a coach for the Tri club so it was pack up the car with the rollers etc and off to the gym. Normally its 4 hours for me but I set everyone up and just did my own thing spending 2 hours in zone 2. Surprisingly I felt really good during this and my legs felt better than they have all week. It was all the more reason to take it easy.

So what do I do to kill the common cold? I got hooked on using Cold FX a couple years ago. I've found it really works and I'm already feeling better. If things continue I should be back in a happy place in a day or two. This will work out with the power test on Wednesday.

Alright back to rest time.

No comments: