Saturday, April 4, 2009

Aunty Emm Aunty Emm

Rest week leads to boring posts, or none at all. I've been playing catch up around the house in between testing sessions of some MCC riders.

My thoughts for the weekend have been flipping back and fourth. I'm looking outside right now at 6 am and wondering when I'm going to hear the theme from the Wizard of Oz kick in. Crazy windy out there and of course that thin layer of snow has me in such a happy mood see. Of course the snow should up after a day and a half of record rain fall. I love spring, really I do.

I'm going to skip the Icebreaker this year. With what we have had for weather the last 3 days and what my coach wants me to do for training it's pretty much the only option. This year the Icebreaker is going to turn into an epic race this year. The course is a bit of a mud pit in the best conditions, this year will be fun for them. Epic course, epic race, lots of running? Not for the first race of the season. Have fun!!

For now, more coffee!

1 comment:

the original big ring said...

Matty, you're a smart man.

I'm regretting registering and paying. What a dumping of rain! It is going to wreak havoc on bikes and riders. . . . nasty, nasty, nasty.

You should come down for Paris Roubaix (26th) - a cx gravel ride, 80km'ish.