Thursday, April 2, 2009

No fools just fooled.

No April fools stuff happening here. Closest to it was fooling a few club members to be power tested. I did lie a little and said how great it is to know your wattage and heart rate zones etc. It doesn't hurt, honest.

The Mountainview Cycling Club Vice President was up first. I was a little nervous about this. Not because of the fact that he is the VP, it's because he has broken to spin bike cranks at the local gym. Ya that scares me, Greg is a big boy. I was not volunteering any of my bikes. I was afraid that he could hurt the hamster wheel from hell. As much as I would like to see it scream in pain after all it has done to me I do need it in one piece. Things went smooth, Greg was really happy afterwards. That was until he tried to walk up some stairs.

On my training front, I finally have one of the Anthem X1's ready. Last night it was rolling on some slicks for my speed workout. I really like the feel of this bike and can't wait to get it in the dirt. It was a short workout last night but on the way I saw something that reminded me on how fun cycling is.

I had to stop and watch some kids hitting jumps, of course that all had to check out the bike and then proceeded to show off for me. It was cool because kids remind you how simple things can be, no race track, no times, no competition etc. Just hitting the same jump over and over again. Why? Because it's fun. I wish I hadn't had slicks on.

A couple more MCC team members coming over tonight for some abuse. As long as they don't talk among themselves about the test.

Icebreaker update? UMMMM, still don't know. Had a few phone calls from others on my opinion of the conditions. Same answer still. I'll tell you at 6 am Sunday morning. Cross bike is ready to go though. Oh, I also heard the Mike Garrigan is bike in the country and will be at the race.

No comments: