Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vision is over rated. Yeah right!!!

Vision is over rated, feel your way around the course, momentum will get you through, use the force. Pretty much what everyone says about night riding. Well screw that idea. I've been really looking into different light systems and I was pretty much set on one company until I came across this link.

That lead to a couple emails followed by a couple phone calls to me being happy to have Exposure Lights and IbexSports as my newest sponsor. Thank you again James.

So what will I be running you might ask.

This

Will be on the bar of each bike. 960 lumens.

And this will be strapped to my head. 240 lumens.

A few cool things about these systems. No cables, fully integrated battery. The Maxx D has a 3 hour burn time on full. That's amazing. There are two lower settings but I would rather ride with the sun on my bars. So 3 hours you think how is that going to get you through a 24 hour race.


You add this. All systems have a port that you can add an additional battery. With the 3 cell it puts burn time at roughly 5.5 hours. Sweet!!! They will be here sometime next week and I will get out for a test ride and give a full review. For now go here to see the full spec on the Maxx D and here for the Joystick.

Of course if you want to order a system go here or give the guys at IBEXSPORTS a call.

That's it for now, Oh ya I did ride my bike today. Nothing exciting happened, my legs turned the wheels rolled, the wind blew and the sun was out. I love spring.

Later

3 comments:

Ryan said...

About time you moved up to the big leagues in terms of lighting. Sweet lights - love the no wires feature. How much for extra betteries? The 15 hour charge time won't help you during a 24 solo, so you'll need enough battery power to cover 10-12 hrs per light.

Matt Spak said...

The extra batteries are cheap compared to other companies. The 1 cell battery which would work great with the joystick head lamp is $50.
The 3 cell which I'm using with the Maxx D are $125. Compare that to most companies where their batteries are usually $250 to $300.

The run time on the Maxx D on medium is 10 hours and 17.5 hours with the extra battery. Burn time will not be an issue.

http://estore.websitepros.com/1939518/-strse-153/Exposure-Lights-Piggyback-batteries/Detail.bok

Check here for burn times.

Ryan said...

That Maxxx has some pretty good output, and the joystick is a good system. Battery prices are usually a killer - that's about mid range. Order a supply of extras, just in case there is a battery failure during a race - if you do these races long enough, it happens to all of us at one point or another.

15 days 'til Hurkey Creek, CA. Gotta start packing gear and charging the battery fleet.