Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My favorite thing in the world

I didn't want to do it, I cringed when I even thought about doing it, I looked at the thermometer and the quickly dropping sun and was thinking you don't have much choice, you have to do it. But what if, oh, it's all in the laundry. You're going to have to do it. Shit.

Yep rode the trainer for the first time this fall. One of those crazy work days led to a later start and some of my cold weather clothing was smelling a little unfavourable in the laundry hamper. This being dark at 5 pm sucks. It didn't help that I was a little mentally drained from work so the thought of 2 hours in the cold and dark alone really didn't entice me.

Set up the vomit making machine and put in my favorite motivational cycling movie. No not Ike learns to ride a bike. 24solo seems to work well, I swear I've watched that movie 100 times and it's pretty much white noise for my eyes and ears now but it's something that will keep me distracted from tearing out my eyes while looking like a drunk gerbil on an exercise wheel. At least it was just endurance tonight. I'm not making the same mistake twice though, or at least trying not to and until the snow comes I will always have clothing ready and lights charged.

The amount of work hours during the day should be based on the amount of sunlight available. Screw daylight savings, We currently get 15 plus hours of sun in peak summer and work 8 hours roughly. Well what if there is a percentage scale according to the sun. With only 9 hours sun maybe the work day should only be about 5 hours. Just an off the top of my head number but some engineers could come up with a good curve. Good idea?? Why should all the daylight be given to the boss, wait I am the boss. Shit, I'm screwed either way.

Gotta work,

2 comments:

Ben said...

Thinking of getting some trainers for my work so people can bring in their bikes, for circuit training, tri training etc. Any recommendations on what would be good?

Matt Spak said...

anything from cyclops works well