Saturday, December 8, 2007

2 hour road ride this morning before the gym. Awww the thrills of being outside in crap weather. Things I've noticed. Don't plan on riding fast because you just can't. Between the cold dense air, the extremely strong winds, the slow roads and the wider tires those average speeds of the summer are way down in the winter. The great thing is that I'm able to have closer loops and still get the time on the pedals.

Another big thing about winter indoor training versus some outdoor miles. You cannot train hills on rollers or a fluid trainer. You can reproduce the same resistance but building your climbing legs can only be done climbing hills.

The next thing I noticed about outdoor riding. When I build my next house in a couple years I'm defiantly putting in a indoor bike wash. I'm lucky that I don't have a live in girlfriend because if she saw this she probably wouldn't be to impressed.

After the morning abuse it was time for the monster to have a little fun. Molly is missing the weekend mountain bike rides but it has finally transitioned to snowshoeing. Another hour of fun with the dog playing in the ravines. Its amazing where your heartrate goes just walking,,,, in 2 feet of snow up 25 percent grades.



Me enjoying a little nature


At her best


Molly busting trail.


A few of asked about my new bikes for 2008. I have one already, it was a parts transfer from one of my NRS's. Full Sram X-9, Mavic CrossMax XL RaceFace Crank, and a RockShox Duke shock which will be swapped out once I figure out what I want to run for next year. The 2nd bike will be built from the factory. Same components from Sram etc Mavic CrossMax ST.

2 comments:

the original big ring said...

Chris would have my left nut if I put a bike in our bath tub . . . .

Matt Spak said...

But woudn't that be fun? This is why I'm going to put a bike wash in the new house