Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27th has become a bit of a tough day for me. This is the 4th year since my father's death. I've learned alot since the day we found out he had terminal lung Cancer. Alot of it has transitioned over to my racing and even more to my personal life.

ENJOY LIFE!!! I watched a man that had everything never get a chance to enjoy everything. Money is great but it's not the most important thing. You can't buy back time. Of course this is always easier to say when you don't need to worry about money. As much as I love what I do for a living, I own my Dad's company, I still have no problem stepping away from it. Work to live, not the other way around.

SPEND YOUR MONEY!!!! You work hard for it work hard playing with it. I don't know about you but I really don't care what the box looks like that they put me in when I'm dead. You also don't know when it will come to an end so why hesitate about getting something you can enjoy now. My father wanted either a Viper or Vette. He could afford it but he always hesitated. I really wish he would have just done it. Just because you are older than 12 doesn't mean you don't need to have toys. Are just cost more!!!

SLIDE INTO YOUR GRAVE TRASHED. Organ donor cards are great but when I'm done with my body there probably won't be anything good left to use. Well maybe my lungs. When I started into this addiction with cycling my dad was still alive and always said "what if you fall and break your neck". Well I could also fall down the stairs at my house or worst at a customers house. Here is the thing, at least I was having fun if I died mountain biking!! You don't know when something is going to happen so why worry about it. When it does happen, deal with it then.

It's been 4 years and I still miss my Dad everyday. He was the smartest man I have ever known and I strive to become like him. In work I want to be a better tech than he ever was because that is what he would want. A teacher always wants his student to be better. Live your life to the fullest. 56 years old is way to young.

Please donate to cancer research.

No comments: