Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another fun night

Headed out with the MNS crew for another adventure into some random forest over some random hills while having metal strapped to the feet. It's interesting. Nothing really killer in the way of pace or climbing etc but I was feeling a little off still. Why, I swear I still have traces of a hangover.

I look back to my 20's and remember where I would have drank twice as much, slept half as long and woke up and did it again the next day/evening. Hangover's in your 20's seem to last about 20 minutes, now the cycle is reversed. I drink half as much and I pay twice as long. Do I miss my 20's, sometimes I do.

It was a good little adventure and I watched a tree get some revenge on an anti hugger. Apparently some people had a thought that they would knock done dead trees to clear the way for potential new singletrack in the spring. Things seemed to go well until someone took on the big brother of the dead tree family. It did seem to happen in slow motion as the momentum built. The shift in the body weight then the tree decided to do the Revenge of the Nerds style tug of war and just let go.

The instigator lost his balance and hit the snow hard. This of course was followed by the tree multiplying and putting in the one two punch nailing the guilty party hard enough to knock his toque off. A quick 10 count and it was done. I'm leaving this person nameless even though I'm not protecting the innocent. No it wasn't me.

Lot's of other minor things happening but I'll save those for another day when I'm staring blankly at the screen and coffee is not motivating. Off to work.

No comments: