Friday, January 1, 2010

looking back

Well that's it for 2009, hello 2010. Ok I don't feel any different it just means that I will screw up writing invoices for the next month. It was a great evening with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Some great friends were over to bring in the new year. A few beers drank, I'm feeling not to bad this morning and I've already broken my weak attempt of trim back coffee. Ya like that was going to happen.

After basically overheating every buddy with the fireplace we strapped on some snowshoes for some MNS style adventures with one of those lets go this way for a while type adventures. Fences were climbed, hills climbed and sort of descended and trees were crawled through. I did witness one crash as Jacob attempted to out sprint his girlfriend. Obviously a bad idea trying to take on death march Liz.

The return to the house brought out a bit more food and a few more drinks. So what do a bunch of cyclists take about while counting down till midnight. Our favorite bike. It's interesting what they were, amongst all of riding the best of the best bikes out there with carbon this and 4inch travel that most of the bikes were some of the simplest things back to steel and aluminum hard tails. Most were some of our first bikes and I bet everyone in the room wishes they still had that bike. I know I would love to have y old Rocky Mountain Hammer back. It would have been the perfect single speed. I still see it every once in a while, sold it local, he does keep it in good shape.
Of course there was the talk of what everyone was doing today, unfortunately most were working. Others, ok maybe the ones with the same coach as myself have to train today. What is the best way to get alcohol out of the system, yep raise your heart rate. Yep the first half hour is going to hurt. I'll get on the bike a little later.

It's looking like a nice day out there, think I'll take advantage of it. After another cup of coffee of course.

No comments: