Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The first week of rest

Heather loosened the leash just a little this week for me. This is my first rest week since starting back in Novemberish. I'm enjoying it. Now the funny thing is that rest week really doesn't look that dramatically different than a regular training week, just slower pace.

What does that do for me? Well I spent a few hours in the basement doing the final setup of the Blue carbon hardtail. I do have one component that is possibly still to be added but it's ride able and ready. Looks like Mr Watson and myself will be making our way to Joyride150 this weekend. I'm at that point that I need something that resembles mountain biking to help get me through the next month.

The rest time is at good timing also because I've been doing lots of extra running around. I'm dealing with a broken car right now. Yes, my wonderful pretty Audi is currently a wonderful pretty lump in the upper driveway. What is the German word for broken car? Fuckgenotmuvin? I'm in a few different thoughts at this point and the car will be shipped out to the mechanic in the next few days. The timing of the break was not great at Christmas and like in my company with some time off there was no point on sending the car out and having it sit there idle for 2 weeks. At least at home it can't get damaged. I'll be waiting patiently for the quote. Doesn't mean I'm looking forward to what I'll hear.

Well car not needed I've been looking at a late winter escape down south that just may happen to have a bike race involved in it. There is a little 6 hour race in Florida in March that I have been toying with flying to do to. Why, same reason as the bike park. Something to help get me through until I see dirt in my backyard. It would work really well for base training, I've heard the course is pretty flat but considering that the elevation in Florida only goes up 50 feet above sea level there will be no granny gear climbs. I'm toying with the thought still, it does happen to be a few days before Mom moves to the new house so maybe being out of the country may be a good thing.

Work then play, gotta roll

No comments: