Saturday, January 2, 2010

Numbers

I'm staring at my screen this morning thinking, ok well if I knew what to type I wouldn't be staring. The coffee is good, always is. The fire is warming the house quickly, which is really good because here is a scary first number. Minus 23, that's what it is outside right now. This is the type of number that usually has me sitting on the couch for a little longer typing until it gets warm enough to play. That has led to this number.

I looked at the number of hits on my blog over the last year and my mouth dropped. Over the last three years since I started this little spot about my life every year the number have doubled. This year alone people clicked over to here over 20,000 times. Thank you everyone for reading my shit. You are braver souls that I am.

Next up, my starting points for 2010. So last year one of the biggest things that helped my racing was the drop in weight. I still look back and wonder how I went the way I did weighting 168 pounds for race weight. Last season getting to the 155 mark made huge differences. That proven power to weight ratio thing obviously is science that can't be broken. Well I'm starting this season of at a much better starting point. Since I'm weight myself almost as much as a 13 year old girl who reads Cosmo, yes that OCD side of me. Well I'm currently sitting at 157 this morning before my coffee. puts me at around 11 percent body fat in the upper body.

As the race season approaches I plan hover down to the 152-3 mark for the race season. Of course I'm hoping to have the power up a few more watts this year also. I'm still expecting to get my ass kicked at the O-cups with me finishing at the edge of the top ten. I've yet to decide what division to race in. Master Expert is where my old aged ass should be, I'd finish in the top ten if I play with people my own age, or do I go take another kick at the can, race Senior Expert, get my upgrade points and then move to Elite. Should have happened this year but I with no control of the weather I didn't get the results I needed. Of course my focus will be on the 8-9 hour races. Possibly a trip to the states once or twice also.

What other numbers can I come up with? 8:47. That is what time it is and it means time to get my butt moving for the day. 3 hours of endurance something today to do and I'm not planning on doing it on the trainer. Minus 22 eh? Well I am Canadian and we are supposed to thrive in this type of condition. Ya right. At least Georgian Bay will start setting up for some ice riding with these temperatures.

Check right, I've added a few more Bloggers in the American side. Good stuff to check out.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!