Saturday, January 16, 2010

As bad as a 5 year old at Christmas

I'm up early, I'm up earlier than I normal get up early. Why? Because I'm excited to go and play on my bike today. I know it's going to be a good and entertaining day already. Started out by having my favorite mug be at the front of the pack. My most favourite bestest Maytag mug that apparently doesn't do anything either. Yes, that mug works just as much as I do.

I originally thought I might rant about the fun of bringing on an apprentice and on how and why our trade industry is phucked and it's only going to get worse. I can't do it, I'm in to good a mood first thing this morning.

I thought I would do a rant on how screwed the economy really is and I see and hear a lot from what I do for a living. Did service work for 4 different financial advisers and half a dozen real estate agents this week and heard some inside scoops. Of course this is the day to day thing of me walking in a customers home and thinking how the hell can you afford this and what am I doing wrong with my money that I can't be doing the same. Of course the answer is they can't. I could continue but I'm still in a really good mood.

I opted for a little test ride last night. I thought it might be a really good idea, you know just in case. Well it was a better idea than I would have even thought. The roads were pretty clear so my newly washed and waxed Blue would only get a little dirty. Worked well with the light active recovery ride Heather had set for me also. So what happened??? Well all my raw power blew a spoke about 15 minutes into the spin. Now any power house can blow apart a rear wheel but I was feeling so strong that I was able to pop the nipple off the front wheel.

I was a little spectacular. I've snapped many a spokes at the hub but I've never seen a nipple split in half. I heard a huge pop and I swear a flash of light as bright as a nuclear explosion, it shook the earth. Maybe not. At first I was a little concerned because I didn't actually know what made the noise and I was still rolling along. The sound was so catastrophic sounding that I would have assumed full frontal crash. Rolled back to the house more than a few minutes later and after quick inspection of everything I found the problem. A new shiny nipple and things are ready for today.

Andrew and I will be joined by the bestest technical rider we know for the trip to the city. Tristan will more than likely stun us again with some dramatic miracle skill. Riding on thin ice, walking on water, what's next?? Heading down early, hopefully get there before all the youngster sober up and roll out of bed. Off to walk the Molly Monster before play time.

More tomorrow. I'm in a good mood!!! It's warm out, it's going to be a great day, is that the sun coming up also??? Perfect!!!!

No comments: