Sunday, June 6, 2010

The great tire debate

It's wet, it's chilly, it's windy. It must be a day filled with racing. Tomorrow's post could be interesting depending on the outcome of the day. This could be more on the non racing side of things than the race itself.

Keeping things short since I now have tires to change and spikes to install and need that coffee time to used in a more productive way. Time to head to the basement and try to figure out the perfect tire for the day. Do I bring out the crazy mud tires and hope it continues to rain, do I take a chance that it will stop before the race and it tacks up like it did last year and stick to something in between. Do I throw caution to the wind and use semi's which are on the light wheels and just plan on carrying the bike lots. Let's just say that I'm happy to be using the hardtail today, much easier to shoulder and carry in the more than likely forced running sections. I may be jealous of the dog today who will be chilling on the couch.

No comments: