Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just enough to get me in trouble.

After a false start for pickup on Sunday, let's just say that Sunday started amazing but by mid day went down hill. Round two had me possibly braving Toronto rush hour traffic, which for a country boy like myself is a little overwhelming. Round two attempt for pick up of the now new to me car became successful. The new hot rod. It's got all that good go fast out of the box stuff that I seem to need from time to time.

The next attempt was to get mid T.O. to Rack Attack to pick up goodies that will help strap a couple bikes to the roof. As the clock clicked towards 6 and the traffic clicked up towards 6pm at a much faster race I did the illegal while moving, non hands free blue tooth phone call and was happy that they said they would stay open. As for the phone call, I was not technically moving so was I really driving? I could have put the car in park with no difference.

The countdown to the 24 hour is on, lights to charge and test, bikes to final tune, some easy training to do. Attempts to get one lap in of the course will be made as long as Mother Nature allows. Chico Racing is asking very nice for people to stay off the course during any potential rain. I don't blame them. The next two days are scheduled dampness, that's fine with me as long as the weekend is full of wonderful dryness.

Early work to be done, attempts to get the bike rack on before work, breakfast, rain. Lucky coffee is tasting good.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Hmm, looks like a Nissan Altima?!? Maybe an '07 or '08?

Matt Spak said...

yep altima, just a little meaner SE-R

Scott said...

Sweet!