Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I bribed her but still didn't work


Yesterday was another scheduled chill day and it was another one of those texting conversations with Heather. Mainly to do with what is considered active recovery. Can I consider cutting grass as AR, I have lots of grass, I really have a lot of grass to cut. The last few weeks of training and working steady at the back half of the yard had let the front grass grow just slightly longer than I would like. Not long enough to make me the full shady neighbour, just his inbreed cousin/brother. In defence, the back yard is looking amazing.

In the end I sort of lost the battle with Heather when she said you MUST do this amount minimum on the bike. In my deep manly tough voice, BUT, as my head lowers, voice weakens and body cowers, OK. Complete over exaggeration but of course the yard does get my legs moving but not enough so did the thing that most riders are usually not enjoying. Rode the mountain bike on the pavement. I love my Anthem, even on pavement.

A wonderfully relaxing but fat from as fun as the previous night hour spin on the rail trail. There were some good things about spinning on the bike that I am still the most comfortable on, it let me see how screwed up my body is. Monday night physio, bone cracking, and body realignment session with Dr. Bill had me hear a comment that I was not wanting to hear. I haven't seen your body this far out of whack in a long time!!! Let's just say i felt that if I walked with my eyes close I'd probably spin in a very small circle, after I walked into a wall.

I'll admit that I do slack a little on the stretching/yoga time during the race season. When it's most important. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day but last night I forced my self into my padded room, yes I'm crazy enough that I have a padded room in my house, it may only be the floor but it is padded, and spent a solid hour, 1 episode of Top Gear bending and flexing body parts.

I need to start the body feeling good as the next run of long races is almost upon us. The 1st marathon is this weekend in Ganaraska forest. Amazing place and with the rain today it will just get that poison ivy green and full of energy. Then the next of the big ones with the 24 hour. Looks like it may be an indoor spin tonight.

No comments: