Friday, July 30, 2010

An irritation that couldn't be scratched

It just continued to become more and more annoying. So annoying that I started to get into a bad mood. A bad mood that could not be cured by normal simple means or riding my bike because in some cases I knew it would irritate things a little more. This is not how to stop the irritation, I'm stubborn, I like pain, I have a pretty high threshold of pain but this was different. This is the ongoing need to get shit in order and body back in check type annoying pain.

So I did. I left the Chuck Norris bike in it's place and went where ever crazy person needs to spend time, the padded room. I did a movie worth of yoga and facial release. I poked at sore areas and rolled on objects to help bend and lengthen things back to normal. What is going on with the body? Have a few ideas, heading to the athletic therapist tonight to find out. It's amazing how more than likely one small muscle gets in a bad place and it pulls everything out of place and radiates it's annoyance through the body. I want it to stop, I need it to stop, NOW!!!

Long weekend coming, a couple long rides scheduled, new bike project to start. The return of a 26 inch single speed to be built for the eventual return of single speed only for the Monday night something. This usually happens once the race season is finished.

I need the break of the long weekend as yet another block of racing is about to begin. 3 days, no alarm clock, no crazy amounts of yard work. Just riding and recovering.

Thoughts on not riding last night, it was windy, I won't lose my fitness if I skip a day, I would have ridden made which usually means an aggressive ride, I would have given idiot car drivers the finger and swore at them, they probably would come back and run me over making me dead. Good idea not to ride.

No comments: