Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The return of two

Of being a good athlete has started. The week of training is long but I know that I will be fighting with myself to just chill after rides. It always begins with a first step and that step found me in my padded room for half a movie stretching. Why only half a movie? It's not that I have such a short attention span that I needed to leave, it was one very long movie.

My body has been feeling a little out of whack lately and it will be a slow progression to get it back to normal. The 24 hour was very tough on the body and my inability to stay vertical on my bike way to many times lead to bruises which lead to the pretzel shaped body I'm currently dealing with. Am I concerned, nope, I've felt worst and done more.

On a small side note, a return of a race that I would have love to have done had it been on any other date. The Battery Burner is a 12 hour race held at Boler Bump (Mountain) in London. I did this race 5-6 years ago and had such a great time, grass roots type racing, camping, beer consumption, music etc. Unfortunately it's on the same weekend as Mountainview's 9 hour which is a must do again this year. If this race returns for next year I'll be doing what I can to mix it into the schedule.

Hoping that the weather clears for my return to abusive training tonight. The road bike is looking pretty pimp right now and don't really have that craving to spend another 1.5 hours cleaning grit out of places I didn't think grit could get.

No comments: