Sunday, September 16, 2007

Awww Sundays the day of rest. Ya right. I didn't sleep very well. I was fighting a bit of dehydration from yesterday. Awww the race. I just finished cleaning the bike and assessing the damage. The chain is pretty much toast with some frozen twisted links. One derailer pulley is looking a little loose also. Either way it's meaning some new drivetrain parts before next weekends 100 km.

This list of parts
Middle chain ring
rear cassette
both derailer pulleys
chain
new shifter casing and cables.
new brake pads front and rear.
Derailer hanger.

Not exactly a cheap race. For anyone wondering what I ran for tires and gear etc. Michelen XCR Dry on the rear, Hutchinson Scorpion light on the front. The michelin actually worked out pretty good since its a low tread pattern. I wasn't able to get up some climbs but it cleared the mud pretty good and the road sections this tire setup rocked. I've been running this all season and really like the feel.

The new setup for grips was awesome. I'm running ODI grips but then wrap them in bar tape. Adds a bit of extra cushion and lets me relax my hands a bit more. The grip is amazing also. I never felt like I was slipping off the bars.

The totals off the gps were a little different than the ones from the website. Total race distance was 53.2 km with the additional cruise into the resort of 3km. For myself I averaged 12.7 km/h. Was I running? My body doesn't feel to bad considering. The legs are a bit cut up from the falls. One of the other racers on mtb review said it perfect. The dirty enduro will be a cruise compared to yesterday. This was a mental and physically demanding race. Of course I would do it again even in the same conditions, just not on my main race bike. Here are a few pictures of the cleaning process. Now remember that except for the shoes I had already spent 10 minutes with a fire hose cleaning the bike at the finish line





Time to relax. I did ride today more later. The main race review is below

No comments: